View Single Post
Old 7th June 2013, 06:14 PM

Well my battery tray arrived which give me the issue of where to mount it and the best solution I came up with since I have installed a foot rest in my passenger footwell was to move my header tank to the front of the car under the nose cone and mount the battery tray on the bulkhead which seems to have worked well. It has actually reduced the complexity of my cooling circuit and has made it a neater install.

I've also installed my rear view mirror which is near to useless (could really do with a convex mirror) but should hopefully get me through IVA.

My carbon aeroscreen still needs a lot of work doing to it and I am still undecided if I will be vinyl wrapping it or not as it is pretty poor quality with looks of imperfections. I will see how I feel about it when it is fixed in place and with some edge trim.

I have also sikaflexed and fibreglassed my cycle wings to the wing stays and once the epoxy cures I will put them back on and then the wings just need a polish and some edge trim and they will be complete.

My next job is to finish off the cooling system, I am just trying to locate all of the bits I require. I also need some more dremel accessories to aid me in finishing my aeroscreen.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting