View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2010, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterob View Post
Its not that bad when you say £6.25 per £250 extra .still means £300 all in on something priced at £250 then delivery calculate how much vat you pay a year just living add the fact its the bankers fault WE all have to pay because they messed it all up doesnt seem all that fair. And then they get a nice bonus or announce huge profits

System stinks if you ask me !!

scrooge

And £7 buys 8 pints if you got the supermarket

thats the problem with this country, all the iddiots saying its only another £6.50. how many more only £6.50's will it take before people realise we are getting taken up the backside by our own government. The saying "ITS ONLY" is what got us in the mess we are in at the moment, its not only £6.50! IT IS £6.50!!!. £6.50 is 5 meals for someone on a low income!!

i frequent america and sales tax isnt displayed on the item price on the shelf it is calculated at the till. i asked an american why dont they do it like us and the reply was "we want to know exactly what we are being taxed and by who". they have local and state taxes on items (roughly 12-13% in total). and trust me if they try to raise taxes in america people dont just bend over and take it, they ask why and expect proof, not just because so and so politician said it should be raised.

i can see what happened in Ireland happening here. Ireland hiked up its vat a few years back so everyone went out of their way to avoid paying it. they are now bust borrowing to stay afloat as their government has no money to spend on all the do-gooders and beggars

Andy well done for being on the ball and for saving people a few pounds to be used for something else

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/

Last edited by AshG : 22nd December 2010 at 04:51 PM.