Thread: Doooohhhhh!!
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjay View Post
I trial fitted some bits today and it s thrown up some little snags( snagettes for the French)

1. I welded in one of the diff carrier plates upside down--I know! I know! stupid or what? --Is there any reason why the diff mounting brackets shouldn't be welded in?

A. Weld the diff plates handed to match the chassis plates.

2. When I inserted the drive shafts they slid in til about 30mm from the face of the rear uprights .When I pushed them up to the uprights it was as if pushing against a spring --is this ok?

A. You might be trying to fight the CV joint gaiters, try removing steel ties and sliding the small ends further up the shaft and see if it's easier.

3. I remember seeing a post asking for lengths for dummy struts but I cant find it .Please bear with me asking again.

A. Basicly 325-300mm hole centres but you won't be able to set the ride height properly untill you have the coilovers mounted and the weight of the car sat on them.

4. The long bolts in the bottom of the rear upright foul the wheels and need a bit cutting off .How much thread should be left showing when they're tight ?

A. 2-3 threads showing should be enough and what size rims are you using?

Thanks in advance

Adrian

PS On the up side I am on the brink of a rolling chassis Hope to post some pics soon.
I hope this works like this I've not tryed to post an answer like this before.

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334

Last edited by Talonmotorsport : 29th March 2011 at 11:45 PM.