View Single Post
Old 25th January 2013, 01:25 PM

Default How to get a proof of engine age letter from Mazda

Phoned up Mazda this week to ask for a proof of age letter for my donor/engine (needed at IVA to determine emissions levels, and hopefully avoid the need to fit a CAT!).

Here's what I did:

Phoned Mazda UK on 08457 484848 and got through to a very helpful chap named Adam (don't worry if you don't get Adam, he claims anyone there should be able to go through the process).

Rumour on the Westfield site has it that you need to talk to the homologations manager (Dean Armitage), I did try asking to talk to him directly, but apparently he doesn't take calls from the general public!

Adam took my personal details, and details of the donor car (vehicle reg, chassis number, and engine number), and filled in a form on his 'puter.
Because my donor is an import a few red warnings came up on his screen and he had to go away and talk to Dean to clarify.
He came back and said it wasn't a problem though!

I don't think their standard proof of vehicle age letter contains the engine number, so I asked if they could include it, after speaking to Dean again he said this shouldn't be a problem.
IVA emissions are based on engine age, so I think it's fairly important to get them to include it!

If you're the first owner of the vehicle there's no charge, otherwise it costs £35. You can pay by bank transfer or by cheque.

I was told I should receive the letter within 14 days of them receiving payment.

I'll update you when I do!

(P.S. Davidbolam gets the credit for digging up the details on how to do this!)

EDIT:

The letter turned up today, much quicker than the 14 days quoted!
Looks like it should convince IVA man not to do a CAT test

Last edited by skov : 30th January 2013 at 11:15 PM.