View Single Post
Old 30th June 2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stot View Post
I have the RD forged one too and I don't think much of it. One end of mine has the slit machined on the wrong side, the thru-holes for the pinch bolts were no where near where they needed to be to locate in the spline recess and yes its sloppy even when fully tightened.

Think I would plump for a pressed steel one if I cant do something with this one.

Cheers
Stot
I was using forged Rally Design one and it's sh!t. Sounds like like yours is even worse!
The problem I was having is that it wouldn't clamp tigh enough on the steering rack spline. Not happy considering they charge around £20 for it

I swapped it for a pressed steel one off ebay last night and it's nice and tight with no play now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stot View Post
Hi Skov,

Looking at that I cant help but think it would be a safer option to shorten it this way. It looks like it would still line up ok.

Cheers
Stot
lol, don't know why I didn't think of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Hi John,
So was the hand brake cable touching the chassis seat rail all the time or just when the shock was loaded?

I had a similar problem with mine when I fitted the cable. I ended up fitting a angle bkt to pull the cable away from the chassis seat rail.
It wasn't touching at all when I checked (but was damn close!), by the time I got to IVA they were hard up against the seat backs all the time.
I had the cables pulled away similar to you, but they still managed to move and settle upagainst the chassis.

Seems to be sorted with the shorted brackets anyway.