View Single Post
Old 25th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

i think the bias is towards reccomending fabby because he makes bloody good bodywork at a bloody good price. i dont think it has anything to do with the fact that he is everyones mate. your comparing bottom of the market low quality grp rubbish from robin hood with top of the market grp from fabby. any robin hood grp i have ever seen has allways been paper thin.

have a look at the price for westfield, caterham, mnr, mk grp for comparison then triton wont seem so expensive.

there are hundreds of places that will supply you a nose cone. i have seen one that someone got from gts and it was all wonkey and crap although it was £30 cheeper and half the thickness.

mk used to supply the nose cones for the haynes but i believe they have stoped because fabby undercut and and out sold them.

so basically your only choice is gts or fabby. or buy something and modify it.

to be quite frank.

Mark (fabby) has cornered the market and fair play to him for that. he could charge a lot more than he does and prob still sell just as much of it.

if he sold everything he makes for £50 less than he does now i doubt he would sell any more and there would still be people moaning about the cost regardless.

at the end of the day the price is the price you either pay it or dont have it.