View Single Post
Old 28th July 2010, 12:53 AM

I am not sure if you are finished your exhaust or not, but thought I would post a few photos of what I did, it might help or be of value to someone later down the road.
In the case of my V6 I picked up a header gasket and made a template out of 3/8 steel for some header flanges. I cut the circles out with a hole saw on my drill press and hacksawed/filed the rest into shape.
I then welded up some tubes using 1.5 inch tubing, in my case I had some .083 dom tubing and I also am fortunate to have a tube bender. Though you can buy bends.
I then just tacked welded the tubes together bringing it all into a 3 into 1 collector, from there I necked down to 2 inch and using a V clamp exited the body to the muffler which is a reverse flow round tube.
In my case I didn't exit the body with individual tubes because I will be running clamshells and didn't know if having the exhaust exiting right underneath might affect them or the paint.

The drivers side took about three days to do because of clearing the steering column and such, but the passenger side was much easier as it took about 6 hours to do.

It is not a difficult task I would recommend to anyone to try to do their own if possible. Even if you can buy a complete exhaust it is not cheap.
Doing it myself cost me about 150 dollars or roughly 60 0r 70 pounds.

Al

www.lotussuper7replica.com/