View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:19 PM

Having recently been through this process myself i know i definately needed a dvla inspection. Im assuming it will be for brand new builds with all new parts although i wouldnt hold my breath!

The dvla can make you jump through as many hoops as they want at the end of the day they issue you your registration no. and your tax disc so you have to do whatever they say. My car was parked outside my local dvla office doorway and they wouldnt come outside to inspect the chassis/engine no.s!

They said they werent equipped to take kit cars there and it went against health and safety although all the customers are allowed to park there

I was told i had to wait 10 days and take it 20 miles away for the same person who wouldnt come out of the office to inspect it at a vosa testing station?!

I can call them what i like now my car is all finished and on the road.................... A bunch of absolute f-ing idiots who havnt got a clue and all contradict each other on a daily basis. Im glad we live in a country where we can all build our own cars and end up with them legally on the road but the dvla part of it needs some looking at in my opinion.

My IVA test was much less complicated and the whole thing was a joy compared to dealing with the DVLA!

Sorry..... rant over!

Sounds like a step in the right direction if its true