View Single Post
Old 29th December 2009, 07:11 PM

IF RUNS!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE, WHAT A GREAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR GIFT!

With special thanks to all the useful tips from everyone here and especially twinturbo who directed me to a car specific forum where I was provided with car specific details on the Bosch Injection K-jet System!

Dad and I where in the workshop and both had a spare hour towards the end of the day, so we decided to use our time wisely and check the timing of the dizzy along with the firing order. This all check out in conjunction to the cylinder positions.

We where both positive that the problem must be fuel related as it was so near to starting. Once again we bypassed the fuel pump relay to get the system up to pressure. On Xmas eve I had stripped the cold start injector and this was injecting while the starter motor was running. I also has system pressure but no fuel return.

With the extra pair of hands we started to turn the engine on the starter while I pushed the paddle by hand in the hope to force some fuel into the injectors. It was on the last attempt before we both got carbon monoxide poisoning! Any longer and we would have had to open the RSD. Suddenly I heard splashes in the tank from the fuel return..

Spurred on by this and for one last ditch effort for the day, and some extra pushes on the throttle for good luck it came alive!!! Yippie!!!

If only I had my camera to hand... Still, the new relay turned up today so will film it for you next time.

One again thanks and good luck for the new year.

Last edited by Spikehaus : 29th December 2009 at 07:23 PM.