View Single Post
Old 29th December 2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehaus View Post
At the start of my build 17 months ago I had done no more than nearly pour water in the oil inlet rather than the washer jet and changed a tyre for a girl at work I was trying to impress. The whole build has really caught my attention and giving me a few milestones to be proud of. We all share each others high points that help us motivate or builds. Soon be taking it for the first test run!
Nick I'm impressed! I'm a qualified mechanic, the first job I worked on when I started my apprenticeship was removing the engine and gearbox from a brand new MGBGT for a siezed speedo pinion. I'm rapidly approaching 50, I've worked in heavy industry, I've worked as a welder/fabricator, I have certs for MIG, TIG and MMA welding on mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium and cast iron ranging across all three processes. I've worked in a large factory in the development shop fabbing up first off from drawings to prove their design for production. I've worked for ABRO rebuilding engines, gearboxes and overhauling very complex hydraulic systems but for you to go from having changed a wheel to building a car from scratch and making it run in just seventeen months is outstanding!

I salute you sir Well done.

D.