View Single Post
Old 20th July 2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYLEE29 View Post

Hmm I dont know what sierra your mounts come off but mine are certainly not just a flat plate bonded to rubber.
I'm referring to the type of rubber engine mounting shown in the book, sometimes referred to as a bobbin, and they are indeed made by bonding the flat metal plate that the stud is atteched to to the rubber, how else would they be made, and still be flexible?

Quote:

I think that slotted chassis would be fine but if you were worried about movement there are engineering ways around this a simple engine type specific plate bolted onto the chassis would stop any movement.
I'm not worried about the movement, why would I be worried, if the builder isn't capable of drilling 2 holes in the flat plates provided on the book chassis to accept the rubber mountings, then he is going to have a very hard time of it. The obvious sensible solution is to leave the plates undrilled, and allow the builder to place the holes as required. No slots required.

Quote:

i assure you you need to fit an engine to find the positions or copy someone elses as there are no dimensions in the book.
Absolutely, and that is what the builder, not the chassis maker, is going to do. Simple. Two holes. No problemo

Hope that reassures you