View Single Post
Old 21st July 2014, 05:03 PM

Ok well now I'm just getting fancy.

After a few longer drives, I realized that having gps as well as a way to know if someone is calling me would be really nice. If you have ever driven in the Atlanta area you know its a must have. I once was heading north on a road only to find a few miles later I was block south of where I started without ever turning and without noticing any major change in direction... apparently there are a few worm holes in the atlanta area. Ideally I would have just used my phone, but trying to fish it out of my pocket with the 6 point harness was damn near impossible and keeping it balanced on the tunnel wasn't happening. So I went to best buy and took a look at navigation units and found exactly what i was looking for. Here's a few of the key features:

- Voice Guided Nav
- Bluetooth (will be able to see if someone is calling versus wondering if that vibration in my pocket is vehicle related or phone. Doubt talking to someone will actually work.
- Realtime traffic updates
- Weather (oh yeah this feature pretty much sold me)

Brought it home, and saw the it fit perfectly between the dash and tunnel. I just need to find a method for mounting it. So I fired up the 3d printer and after a few revisions, I had a good solution.