View Single Post
Old 18th November 2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucht View Post
Now, I would like to ask the admins of the Haynes Forum : how can you give us all the complete forum to be backed up on a new website of our choice. Can we transfer it to another domain name hosted by one of us? I could really take car of this and host the forum on a personal website with public access. This Forum and all the informations it holds can not be lost for ever: it is just inconceivable to me.

There should be a way to do this and back the forum up and host it somewhere else.

Please, if some of you have the necessary knowledge to help me transferring the forum to a website we will continue to maintain, contact me. We just can't let this forum be lost forever.

Clock is ticking guys, there is just 2 weeks left to do this.

Thanks.
Someone would need shell access to do it properly but I believe,because it's still an old version, the database can be backed up under the ,maintenance menu that full admins 'should' be able to se. The files would still need to be copied so root server access would also be needed. With the right access it's a reletively easy task but it all depends if Haynes will give anyone access.

Actual cost so far = Have chosen to stop counting incase I incriminate myself -
Cost ive told the wife = A hell of a lot less than I have spent. -