Thread: Zetec and Euro5
View Single Post
Old 26th February 2018, 08:55 PM
jason 82 jason 82 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Coleford
Posts: 354

Do you have the option to buy damage repairable cars in France ? If so, you can pick up a badly damaged car for peanuts & just take the engine and wiring loom. Weigh the rest back in at the scrap yard. There is a company called Rally Design in England, they do bellhousing adaptors which will mate the new engine to your type 9 gearbox. I repair crash damaged cars for a hobby, that's how I got my donor car.
There is also a company here called kitspares. They sell brand new zetec units 2018 compliant for around 1k. I think you only need to buy the water pump & ecu. It comes with injectors etc in 1.8 & 2l sized engines.
As I said, crash repairable would be your cheapest option. I frequently buy 2007 ford focus crash damaged cars for around 300.
Reply With Quote