View Single Post
Old 19th July 2009, 09:02 PM

Hello again,
it would seem that my comment about building a car first may have been taken in slightly the wrong context,
I was not doubting the integrity of the chassis design ( if i did i wouldnt have a 99% completete one sat in my workshop)
my point was more about the fact that there are still areas that people are having problems with and also you really will have to complete a car to know that all brackets required are actually there (i keep finding bits that are needed and i thought i had almost finished my chassis)
also there are quite afew brackets needed that you cant do until you decide on a rad or bodywork etc even just a bracket for the horn.
i would be alittle annoyed if i bought a"complete"chassis and later found i had to weld bits to it but thats just me
also if people buy a chassis and it is all there then you will get a good reputation but if people buy one and have to finish it by adding bits here taking off bits there then you will get a bad reputation
maybe some of these reasons are why others havent come up with the expected complete off the shlf chassis you were looking for
if you bought a westfield or caterham chassis would you expect it to be finished (no welding)
Ray