View Single Post
Old 19th July 2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYLEE29 View Post
maybe some of these reasons are why others havent come up with the expected complete off the shlf chassis you were looking for
if you bought a westfield or caterham chassis would you expect it to be finished (no welding)
Ray
I believe I see what you are getting at, but I think we are talking about two different things.

I am proposing to sell complete Haynes Roadster chassis as described in the book and subject to the ammendments published on this form. Now, if that is what someone wants that's great, and we will both be happy.

If, on the other hand, someone wants to fit for instance, a SOHC Ford V8 with a Tremec box then what I am selling isn't going to suit them, so either they can buy it knowing that they are going to have to modify it, or order it, and supply the power unit and let me make the required modifications, and pay the extra, or....... not buy it.

I really can't see how my having made a pinto-engined standard roadster chassis is going to have the slightest impact on the example described above.

Please bear in mind I spend all day building and modifying kit cars, so I do have some idea of what is involved. As a for instance of that I will not be doing the CP16 as in the book (the plate that the steering column passes through), but instead will modify it to receive a proper bearing which I will supply.

I hope that reassures all those who feel that I need to build a complete example before I can offer a chassis to anyone else