View Single Post
Old 1st May 2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.brownster79 View Post
Thats my thoughts on using a mx5 rather than a sierra. Was the diff cover difficult to make? Not really decided 100% on the ultimate end game yet, I think I like the simplicity of a non charged engine and my goal will be 150-200 bhp. I've got a supercharged Golf R32 and as much as I love the supercharger I think I'd rather have something just solid and reliable in an engine. More food for thought though, thanks.

It's not difficult if your blessed like me to have a lathe at my disposal!! It's just so handy to look at something then have a brain wave on how to make it.

1.8 Mazda mx5 larger injectors multisquirt ecu or equivalent port polished head induction kit will be pushing into the 150 area bearing in mind these cars weigh 600kg roughly so bhp per tonne about 250

it's a waste if you can't get the power down!![/quote]

I was spoiled and had a Caterham CSR200 for 4 days drive around the highlands of Scotland and would really love to try to emulate that power. I'm also contemplating joining the local sprint club for a bit of fun. But it's all pie in the sky until I actually make a start. I've managed to swing a work trip south next week so going to tie it in with a trip to Stoneleigh for my fist visit to a kit car show. Think I might have to leave my wallet behind though or I'll do something stupid.