View Single Post
Old 24th October 2009, 06:57 PM

I thought the same thing David

The office staff at my local stockists are a right shower at times ( Unless one of the owners is within earshot )

Often come away empty handed.

Recently asked for a small off-cut of 30mm bright round bar " Sorry sir, we dont have any "

well in that case i'll take a couple of metres. " When would you like it for "

How about now, that is why I have just driven 15 miles !!?? " Sorry sir, our cutting room is stacked out with work, try again next week " .......Twats !!??

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the area with my Transit, I called into the stockist for some sheet alloy.

5 past 12, Went to the steel counter & asked for the prices of 1.2mm & 2mm full sheets.

Not paticularly cheap but hey ho thats Cornwall for you.

Ok said I. I'll take Two sheets of 1.2mm & One sheet of 2mm. " Sorry sir, theres no one here to get it for you untill 1pm, you'll have to come back then "

Before I left empty handed yet again. I asked the office bod if it was half hard alloy " No idea " was the reply .

Rather irked by then, I asked, who the hell does. " You'll have to go to the general shop & ask, somone in there might know " !! WTF
Well before I waste much more of my life, will you at least give me the product codes ??

Armed with the codes written on the back of my hand ( I guess the post-it notes are for office staff only )

I went to the shop counter, Gave the lad the product codes & asked the same question " I don't know sir " ............. Methinks here we F*****g go again !!??

" I'll call the suplyers, they'll know " He went to the office, I saw him pick up the phone, he came back after a few moments & confirmed it was indeed half hard alloy.

I told him it it was a pitty that I had to wait till 1pm. " Why, do you need it cutting "
I said no, straight from the rack as full sheets.
" Thats no problem sir, i'll do your invoice & we'll go and load it up "

Just as well one of the owners wasn't about, any one of them would have blown a fuse

The'll be told next time I see one of them, that's for sure !!??

www.roadster-builders.co.uk