View Single Post
Old 20th January 2013, 01:19 PM

Ask arround Ebay sellers who are breaking Sierras and you will soon find someone willing to sell you the plugs with a few inches of cable. Understandably very few breakers are interested in selling a complete loom due to the time it can take to remove so most are happy to just cut bits off for a couple of quid as its something that would otherwise be crushed with the remainder of the shell.
Solder your connections and use proper heath shrink tubing over your joins and you can make a perfectly tidy job of joining donor car connectors into any loom whether it be Premier, Vicki Green or self made.

Because Ford changed the wiring on the Sierra stalks mid production (and I inevitably ended up with a mixture of early and late parts) I found it worthwhile to sit down with a continuity tester to check the funtion of each wire. I then made myself a 2 column list of what colour wires needed to be joined to which part of the car loom and what relays were needed. The cabling up then took no time at all and worked first time.