Thread: how far do i go
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2009, 04:43 PM

Get yourself a brand new zetec from Great British Sports cars (Robin Hood) its not far to go and pick up and for £700 all in they are a bargain, plus, all the cvh bits fit it. I cant be certain but i think its the same flange size for the inlet manifold so once you've set up your bike carbs for the cvh they should transplant into the zetec.

If you need a hand with the bike carbs then just give me a shout, but, Bogg Brothers are the ones to setup the mixtures for them. For the cost v expertise they are very good value. He put mine on the rolling road and it was putting out 150 at the wheels which i was quite chuffed with. The engines from Robin Hood are the high power, 145PS, versions as well.

I've got my car booked in at Motoscope at Northallerton a week on Saturday to put it on the rolling road and have a proper ignition map done for the engine.

When you modify your sump Andy just make sure you you keep enough volume in with a proper step and baffles, i'm pretty sure thats what broke my previous engine on the track. I've modified the sump and fitted an oil pressure gauge (essential and easy) and all is well now with good pressure.

Can't you tell i'm bored at work....