View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatey View Post
Right after reading a fair few posts on the forum today i've decided to scrap the dirt buggy idea and instead put the money towards starting the car, im going to wait until i have atleast £500 saved up before i start, meaning i should be able to build the chassis, buy a donar and some other parts. Then as the year progresses ill put more money into the build. Im setting myself a budget of £2000 for the complete build.

I just need my Haynes build manual to arrive now and then i get sorted writing a plan and organising everything.
Sounds a plan!

Ive got a budget for mine based upon listing every single part ill need right down to things like screws for the jig table and estimated petrol costs. All of it is really projected/estimated costs based on research. I tend to up date it week to week with what things have cost me that week. I also keep an actual spending log too.

Ive spent a fair bit so far and not really done a huge amount. Spent roughly £285 so far and thats gone on a shed, slabs, sharp sand, chipboard, and screws. Ive only just finished the jig table not half an hour ago. Picked up my steel this afternoon. What a job that was cutting it from 6m lengths to 2m lengths in the steel stockist yard so itll all fit in the car lol. Hope to get it all cut this week/weekend ready for welding next week.