View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2010, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Ooooohh More progress..

Today I set out to fit the PS floorpan, Everything was ready for it so all that was required was to get the stick crap out of the caulking tube. The stuff is so dam sticky that the caulking gun broke. I had bought an air one, that was useless..

So without a gun, and the desire to get the crap out of the tube, I did the sensible thing and just cut the tube open and got the stuff out with and spread ( if you can call it spread ) it with a chissle.. That done, the floorpan was poped into place and guide rivets put in. Me and the boy then loaded the rest of the rivets, a few were tight which was strange as the holes had all been pre-drilled in one go. One or two holes had to be relived. We then popped in all the rivets, our 3yr old lent a hand at one point too...

So that's one side solid.

I have been out this evening and drilled the drivers transmission pannel, and then welded in the front section of the drivers panel. I also drilled the seat bearers for the seats runners.

So everything is set for paneling the drivers side

In between bits and bobs I have been making a start on cleaning up the engine. It's dirty slow work, but quite satisfying seeing the engine as it would have been when new.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders