View Single Post
Old 26th April 2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicountryman1961 View Post
If you sell these parts in SA, you should call yourself HandyWyandy.
not such a bad idea

Reality though, and that's the sorry part, through the Locost forum people are regularly advised to buy a pre-fabricated Locost frames. Anything else is frown upon and my self built chassis put these production frames to shame - heck man, Im a qualified boilermaker with 35 years experience and the very reason I built my own car.
This results in most frames around are Locost units or clones thereof, some even claiming to be Birkins...
All Locost chassis are "book" sized units and these cars are to small to fit my 134kg frame into - hence I built a McSorley chassis, 442E model (wide nose). There are a few other McSorley builders and unfortunately they build the 442 model - this has the std Locost nose width and the engine compartment is shorter than the 442E which has a much wider front as well.
This result in the engine bay top rail angle from bulkhead to front being different and the 442E nose cone, bonnet and scuttle will not fit without some surgery....

Unless someone else build a 442E chassis, the molds are going to gather dust, but the nice is if I happen to get into some mishaps and fender bending, replacement body parts are easy and cheap to get

Wynand
http://5psi.net