View Single Post
Old 20th November 2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3004 View Post
thanks for your answer it has made it alot clearer

A new plate is out of the question, is there any advatages between a Q plate and an age registerd one?

i presume i would just send the log book for the sierra off changing the engine number to the zvh one?

the block comes from a K reg xr2i 16v.

Thanks again
The only real advantage is the lower emissions limit for the Q plate, but then if/when it comes to selling, the none-Q plate would be worth more. There's a bit of stigma attached to Q plates, probably to do with many stolen/recovered and any other car who's identity/age can't be proved being given a Q reg.

Also if you're considering getting a different reg number like a private plate, once a Q always a Q, you can't transfer. With the age related plate you can change reg numbers, but only with one that's older than the one you have. For example, my car is on an old S (1978) and I can only put a plate on that's older than 1978. It's to stop people sticking this years prefix/suffix on an older car and passing it off as new I suppose, but it kinda rules out the cheap and plentiful new DVLA reg's.

Yup, I'd just send off the logbook as if I'd just fitted a new engine and updated the details with the engine number.

HRH

www.bradford7.co.uk

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...