Thread: Brake balance
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
I thought from reading posts about locking rears mainly at iva that there was a problem, I thought that there were all sorts of things going on like bias pedal boxes ,proportioning valves ect to sort out the balance issues. I am having discs all round so in theory should not have a problem?????????

Bob
I've read about problems with the rears looking before but I don't understand why this is happening as the braking system should be complete from the donor Sierra minus just the servo and that shouldn't cause brake bias upset. Granted the weight distribution is different but that reduces weight over the front wheels so they should look sooner.
Can only think that people arn't using the inertia valve or mounting it incorrectly which could allow more line pressure to the rear. (This was a problem with Tiger cat E's)
I wouldn't have thought just increasing the fronts would help as the lining material temp will affect its mu value so they may be worse than standard.
Also you would need to change the master cylinder to ensure the correct line pressure to the fronts with bigger section cylinders and that may adversely affect the rears performance.
I wonder how many others have had this problem and what they did about it.

Have just re-read your thread and see you're using discs all round. If I remember correctly didn't disc all round Sierra's come with ABS as standard? If so then the ABS computer would have controlled line pressure individually to each wheel and adjusted it to prevent wheel lock. Not sure how it would perform without the ABS system.

BV.

Last edited by Big Vern : 22nd August 2011 at 11:24 PM.