View Single Post
Old 14th December 2009, 01:58 PM

Hi Londonsean69.

I will try and explain as best I can.

We checked the plot lines first and they seemed all ok. After cutting the sheet we spent a bit of time getting the join lines spot on, I think we managed to get them just about perfect.

We then blocked out along the lines for the br rails and they were placed spot on as per template.

We laid br 5 and 6 down and after fitting br 12 we noticed there was a gap of 2mil between the ends of br 12 were it meets br's 5 and 6. this was also true for br 11.

We checked the cut of the metal and it was fine. After doing more mesurements on all the br's we concluded that the template was out by around 4mil.

We took one side in by 4mil and blocked there and refitted all the br's back in and found everything to fit perfectly.

Now you mention it, this could be down to the paper streching as we had to pull it around a fair bit to flatten out the creases and get it to sit right.

It could also be human error, but I am still very thankfull for the template as all the br's were down and ready for tacking within a couple of hours.