View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz-r View Post
i put tags on the chassis as per book
if you have metal sides then you could mount on them on there but if you have any vibration or movement on copper brake pipe then it work hardens quickly and will crack!
Ok, but how did you achieve going through the side panel? Any pictures you could share?

I have been thinking about this problem too, and I think a grommet seal is a good solution. But do not use the rubber grommets you use for electric cables or pipes trough the bulkhead. There are special nylon ones for flexi lines, which must be used. With these nylon grommet seals, the hose, which by definition is flexible and always moving, can slide in and out inside the grommet due to the waxy nature of Nylon. The hose stays free to move, and don't force on the wall it is attached to (this might be important to think about, to avoid cracking/damaging the gel coat of GRP side panels.). This would not be possible with rubber grommets.

I could supply my brake lines with this kinds of nylon grommets on the front flexi lines, on request, for a very small extra cost. This is actually something I'm seriously considering now.

BrakeLinesGrommets par Voucht71, sur Flickr

Just an idea to make your life easier

Thank you for pointing that out !