View Single Post
Old 1st August 2011, 07:17 PM

[quote=K4KEV;62019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
Would any body be interested in a suspension nut and bolt group buy? I know this has been run twice before but I'm sure there are a few new builders that will be needing these soon. At this point I'm only looking for people to regesture their interest so if it falls short I don't end up with 1000's of parts that will take months to shift,although some will be put on ebay.
If want to add your name to the list reply with 'quote' edit this bit off and add your name.
Package will contain the following
24x M12x70mm bolts
2x M12x150 bolts
26x M12 plain nuts
26xM12 nylocs
46x washers
46x plastic IVA covers

will somebody please please explain where the similarities lie between these two lists....this one below being the the last 2 suspension group buys for a sierra donor

I had started another thread for this yesterday in the hope that it would be migrated across but appears it hasn't. So I will start another one

I have taken over the group buy as Ronnie/Bonzo has chosen to take a break from the forum.

The kits will contain exactly what they did when Ronnie was running the group buy:

2 x M12 X 260mm Bolts (Rear Uprights)
2 x M12 X 200mm Bolts (Diff Mounts)
20x xM12 X 75mm Bolts (Wishbones, Rear Camber Adjuster, Lower Shock Mounts)
6 x M12 X 60MM Bolts (Upper Rear and Front Shock Mounts)
30 x M12 Nyloc nuts (Type P - these are a bit thicker than normal nuts and better suited to suspension applications)
30 x M12 Plain full nuts (these are for test fitting components without ruining the Nyloc nuts)
60 x M12 Flat washers (Form A)
60 x M12 Black plastic nut covers.

All bolts are 8.8 high tensile and bright zinc plated. All the nuts and washers are bright zinc plated too.
this is driving me bonkers ....whats what

Hi Kev

I would imagine that the latest group buy is a fixing kit for the wishbone fixing set only.

That said, the 2 M12 X 150mm bolts will be too short to mount the lower rear uprights in place ( I am sure that this is just a typo )

I did re-price a new full set group buy a couple of months back, even with the increased VAT rate I could still bring them in for about £27 ( Seems to be a lot of competition in the fixings market )

I did try to gauge any possible in a new group buy when the last one stalled but there was not a lot of interest + a little bit of negativity about plans to include some more essential fixings to produce a fuller kit for not a lot of extra money

www.roadster-builders.co.uk