View Single Post
Old 31st March 2009, 11:04 PM

Ronnie

It's reasonably easy to do both. After a fair bit of research, I decided to use the injectors in the throttle bodies, as the performance difference is marginal on an otherwise standard engine. It seems to have more effect on torque tahn power, and having the injectors in the manifold tends to bring the power band slightly down the rev range. For high states of tune, this will make more of a difference, but as I say, for reasonably standard engines, it doesn't make a lot of difference. It's far easier to make yourself a manifold if you keep the injectors in the throttle bodies, as then you're basically looking at a flange and four tubes. However, if you decide to go with injectors in the manifold, an ST170 manifold has injector mounts, and also 4 useful stubs to mount your bike bodies onto. Been coverd many times on various websites,a nd I'm sure you've already Googled these!. Just beware, if you're not using the manifold on an ST170 engine, the manifold doesn't line up as exactly as some would suggest, and to get the best out of it, you'll need an adapter plate to address aroughly 10mm step between manifold and head.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Adrian