A bit of an update for you.
Finally started to attach something to the chassis, this time brake lines.
I've ran the the front to rear brake line in the chassis, its looking really good
I also got hold of a ebay manifold from a westfield, its a well made stainless number for a 1.8 cvh so it will suit my zetec upgrade later.
, on Flickr
It will foul against the diaganol though, where it exits the side of the car,
The picture shows the manifold but it needs to move to teh right inline with the current central engine mount.
Raising the angle of the diaganol should give it the clearance and not affect the chassis stiffness much. I also need to mod the engine mount, on the exhaust side of the cvh there are two possible positions for the engine mount, a central one (fouls this exhaust manifold) and a forward one off the old alternator bracket. If I use the alternator bracket this will be identifical to what is needed for the zetec to so may as well do the mod now. I 'd already put the plates on the chassis so not a big job.