View Single Post
Old 28th August 2015, 12:43 PM

Well it's been a long time since I've posted on here! I got very close to finishing the car but decided in the end to cancel my IVA and rebook for early next year so I can get the most of the summer.

My plan to keep me going is to finish the car to a track ready condition, fit a tow bar to my tin top and then do a track day or 2 to give the car a good shake down prior to IVA. It should also spur me on to finish the remainder of the IVA required items!

I am currently in the middle of painting the car which is going quite well now that I've got to grips with it. All of my GRP panels except the bonnet have been etch primed, primed and I'm in the process of painting these red. There has been a lot of learning along the way and there will be a bit of work to get rid of a few paint defects like orange peel and a couple of sags. I am hoping to have all of my painting done by the end of September.

Once the car is painted there are only a couple of jobs like changing the coolant and oil, putting my racey steering wheel on and checking everything works the way it should. My plan now is to have a track day in the middle of November. I will try and get some more pictures up soon.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting