View Single Post
Old 11th October 2015, 07:24 PM

Well I have finally gotten round to taking a picture of my car now that a few panels are finished/nearly finished. My side panels are drying in the garage as I write this and my rear arches need a bit of sanding a polish up. The bonnet needs a quick sand to get rid of a bit of orange peel and then a polish, but the finish in the picture is the finish straight out of the gun.

I have to say I am pretty proud of myself for how the car is now looking!

I've also discovered that the head gasket in my engine has gone and my battery is now a dud which isn't really surprisingly as I have been abusing it while testing electrics. So next month I shall be buying a new battery and then doing a compression check on my engine and if that goes well then take the head off, get it skimmed, lap the valves and replace the valve stem seals. I know I can pick up a cheap engine but the pre-95 engines are getting pretty thin on the ground and I would like the lax emission rules when I get the car IVA'd. Plus I've always wanted to rebuild an engine .

I also realised I had my top wishbones on upside down when I made my cycle wing carriers meaning my cycle wings are no longer in the correct position, which is slightly annoying! However as I'll be putting it on the track first I'm not too fussed at the moment and come IVA time I shall sort them out.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 11th October 2015 at 07:28 PM.