View Single Post
Old 13th April 2012, 09:46 AM

Whaa ok I'm proper confused now. This is alot more complicated than I first thought! So it sounds like I can't set it up properly until I put my pedalbox and brakelines/fluid etc in?

So the adjusters you're refering to, is that the dial thing on the top of the shoe assembly that has the teeth?

When you say:
Quote:
Take each wheel on turn & wind the adjusters out until the brake shoes lock the rear wheel ( Can sometimes help to gently tap the outside of the drums with a copper hammer as this can help to centre the shoes )
Does that basically mean keep turning the wheel by hand while knocking the adjuster out with the screwdriver until the shoes push out far enough to lock the drum?

For this part:
Quote:
Using the plastic adjuster on the handbrake cable, adjust the cable to take out some of the slack.
This will adjust the handbrake lever travel.
Again I'm confused here as I can't really understand how the plastic adjuster takes up the slack of the cable. Should both parts of the plastic adjuster be on the diff or tunnel side of the plate or one part on the tunnel and one part on the diff side? Also I struggle to see how turning the plastic bit tightens the cable as surely it just stretches the metal part and doesn't affect the inner cable itself as this is free to travel along the inside of the metal part?