View Single Post
Old 11th April 2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
I have decided that taking a chassis kit from HandyAndy would be my best option, it's a great price he's selling at considering how expensive steel is and the cost of equipment and time to cut it.

I have built my build table after flat planing many bent bits of scant and discovering quite how out of level my garage floor is. So after many hours being quite particular I now have a perfectly flat and painted build table.

I started marking out but then stopped as I decided it would be easier to do when the steel has arrived although I did manage to get BR5, 6, 11, and 12 marked out and after checking diagonally I was maybe 0.6 mm out iirc! Which I thought was quiet good.

I have spent most of the weekend either asleep or in the garage, that build table started to look very comfortable and inviting. Oh also this weekend I managed to knock the passenger side wing mirror off of my donor by letting the build table fall on it! Oooops!
Hi Chris,

Cheers for your kind words, with the amount of steel that I purchase it helps to keep the costs down

Nice work on marking out your build table so well, 0.6mm is barely the thickness of a fine tipped marker pen , the time taken at the early stages will really benefit the build later on.

I,ll reply to your PM

cheers
andy