View Single Post
Old 14th January 2012, 08:44 PM

Havn't posted in the last week or so, quick update.
Still have not started the build yet been getting quotes on the steel etc.
Although i first thought i would put the donor back on the road for a few months till i need parts from it, i decided that i would just strip it and sell the parts.
Had it advertised for breaking for around 5 days in various places and had looooooads of intrest. Sold some of the parts and got £600 in sales so far so making profit and still have the parts i need BONUS . Loads of parts still to sell.

Someone has paid a deposit for the bare chassis (minus V5 + VIN) so im currently consentrating on stripping the car for the guy to take the chassis (the guy is not too fussy about when he gets it, within reason obv) and for me to sell all the unwanted parts and free up more space.

Will probably order some steel next week although wont be able to start building the chassis straight away due to stripping the car and going to Paris a week on wed.
Hoping to get started building the chassis around Mid Feb, its taking a little while to strip the MX5 with working long shifts during the week, only having around an hour and half to two hours each night split between stripping the car, selling parts and then reply to emails for parts when go back into house.
Also had some trouble with hard to reach rusty bolts

Michael

Photo Albums
Build Thread
Donor: 1.6 Jap import MX-5
Chassis: Based upon Saturn MX-5 guide
Official start date: TBC
Build cost to date: £400 profit from donor sales

Last edited by MoysieWRX : 14th January 2012 at 08:51 PM.