View Single Post
Old 25th July 2014, 08:55 PM

Hi,
The length of the front lines looks OK to me, perhaps a wee too long, but the rear ones look definitely too short. How long are they? I think the original rear flexi lines from Sierra are very short because they are not fitted directly on the callipers or drums, but at the base of the suspension arm where the stoke of the arm is very small. There is a hard line running from the calliper/drum to the base of the suspension arm where the flexi is located. On the Roadster, it is completely different so I don't think they are suitable.

This being said, I think it also depends where you'll have the flexi lines brackets on the chassis. It seems that you haven't put them on yet, right?

- Front: if you have the bracket on U1/U2 as the book says, which is a good place, 450mm overall (end of male fitting to end bulkhead fitting) is a correct length. That is why you front ones look a bit too long I think: if you put the bulkhead on U1/U2, you will certainly have the right length.

Picture of the front brake of my car:

2013-11-26_13-48-38 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

- Rear: the brackets on the back face of RS14 as the book says is not the best position in my opinion, and a lot of us have altered the position of the rear flexi lines brackets. Under RS7/RS7a is a good place in my opinion, that is what I have done on my car. In that case, 450mm overall, same as the front ones, is a good length too.

Here you can see my rear brackets, next to the upper rear wishbone fitting point, on RS7/RS7a, and the 450mm rear flexi lines:

2013-11-26_13-48-23 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

Hope this will help