View Single Post
Old 18th July 2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
can i ask a rather blunt question please,

whilst i,m one of the many builders that have built their OWN chassis, & acknowledge that is the purpose of "the Book"

but?????

if a chassis was available pre-made at a good price & with good quality steel, welding etc then surely it would give builders the option to kickstart their build would it not?

a price has been banded about of say £650 to £850 for the chassis, poss other options as per Fabby,s post,

given the man hours to get a chassis to the point of almost ready to roll then i believe it can look like an attractive option to new builders.

i would imagine this is how other "kit car" companies started out, from small acorns grow large tree,s so to speak.

your comments welcomed,

andy
That is always a great idea, and can benifit not only people who dont have the time, it would be a great option for people eithout the equiptment to weld. However, im not sure that the haynes roadster would then be the best option for people who may not build the chassis, as i know there are cars like the robin hood or indy that are 'kit cars' as they are sold as kits, so again, the roadster may not be the best route for those people, however if someone has their heart set on one, i think it is always great to have the option to buy the kit as oppoesed to making it as i gues the advantage of a kit roadster it still gives you much freedom to do as you like with the car.