Thread: Side Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2009, 07:10 AM

Default Side Exhausts

On another site I stirred things along with my critisism of side exhausts so I will tell you a sorry tale but true.15 years ago I bought a near new (2300km)Chevron 7,drop dead gorgeous,bright yellow with polished alloy panels,well, when I took my wife for her first ride I warned her about a small part of the side exhaust uncovered,of course she burned herself,got the ump big time and took a snitch on my pride and joy and from that day referred to me and the car as "noddy and his noddy car" My 3 teenage daughters not slow to seize a good opportunity spotted a "weakness in the control freak's armour "and homed in for the kill also.What followed was ceaseless and relentless torment about my pride and joy,and when I pointed out that the neighbourhood was "awash with grateful women" ready to give their all to learn about coil over shocks,twin cams etc and perhaps I should take my toys and find a more appreciative reception,the look of genuine glee on their faces caused me to slink off to my shed,tale between my legs,perhaps it would have been helpful if I had read shadowcaster's joke about the 3 bears a month or two back.I am still not fully recovered so I would tell the tale so that you young studs especially would learn the moral to this tale,dont ask me what it is, I dont know but as I hear the phone ringing and as its probably the therapist reminding me of my next appointment I will leave you to work it out for yourselves,now you know why I am not keen side exhausts'.David