View Single Post
Old 7th August 2009, 09:29 AM

Errrr, I'm busy building a power hacksaw at the moment because I'm cutting thicker stock these days - nearly killed myself with a 9" grinder - and refuse to spend money on the low end horizontal bandsaws although they'll cut much faster.

A multimachine is on my list because I cannot afford a lathe with the same size swing that the MM got + I can use it to do some elementary milling. If I can find a decent, inexpensive x-y table then I'll probably start.

I'm mainly using scrap because I'm out of pocket most of the time. . Came home the other day and found my wife hired help to do the ironing for her. She asked me whether she can use the ladies services on a more regular basis. My reply ...... no problem as long as you know in advance, I'm buying myself a Sierra!!

Drawback is that it takes me much longer to finish a project because I have to scrounge around to find the scrap, then work it until it's useable. I sometimes wonder whether it's worth the effort. Ah well, at least I'm doing my bit for the environment.

Reason I revived the idea for building a roadster/locost is that I found myself spending more and more time collecting scrap to turn into tools which I need to process more scrap into something useful.