View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:48 AM

hi, my name is samy & i´m also building the roadster in sweden & have already done the sfro 1 . the examiner said the same thing to me about the angles on the coilovers ..... I think the sfro guidelines are very general & cosevative . 3d cad programs & simulation have come a long way & are what any car company in the world use to disign & test function & perormance (not some old rule of thum).No 2 cars or roadsters are the same! what works for one may not work so well for another...... sfro says that the super seven is the most popular car built in sweden & yet there is only 2 pages in the book about the history of super seven!!! So after a long discusion with my tester we desided that i build per the book & it will be up to him to juge how the car handels when its done . I hope it handels as well as people on the forum have said . Also janne E has built the roadster in sweden per the book & his car is now on the road & thats great news,Congratulation Janne, I hope that opens the doors for others building the roadster in sweden.
This has also been talked about alot on Locost sweden & most builders agree its unnesecary to cange or modify the suspension on the roadster,I hope sfro will take a closer look at this as more & more builders are going for the Hayne roadster in sweden.

cheers
samy