View Single Post
Old 25th October 2011, 06:12 PM

Thank you Bob, always nice to hear !

Samy, you absolutely don't sound like a know it all, and your mind about this problem is more than welcome and among others, helped me a lot. I really appreciate.
My point was not to say the original set up doesn't work 100%, or can be improved, it was more about the theory. An yes, we are not engineers (and especially me : I absolutely don't pretend being one !), and that is the reason why we chose the book.
I told you I was still thinking a lot about what I'm gonna do. Well finally I can say that I had a lot of fun and it was extremely interesting to try to design this front upper bracket extension, and I would like to address a big thank to all who helped, especially Phil (Talonmotorsport) and Mike (TSMLocost) who really guided me. I'm now done with the final design, soon available on my blog, but...
... but I took my decision to finally do the suspension as per the book (45° angle), as you did, as JanneE, Stefan, and so on did. Hopefully, within the time I take SFRO first inspection, an agreement will have be found between the inspectors. And if I really have to change the suspension set up, it will not be that big, and at least, the design of the extension is ready to be realized for real ! I also learned a lot doing this work, so all of this is absolutely not in vain
I keep you updated.
Thank you.
Cheers.
Sylain.