View Single Post
Old 14th December 2011, 12:03 PM

Default Yes

One needs to remeber the BBC article is about DLVA offices and not VOSA sites, where IVAs are conducted.

As I stated; if the VOSA site could do the DVLA inspection on behalf of the DLAV then all is well.

The DirectGov site here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022316

says how the registraion of a new vehicle is carried out (including for us self-builders) near the end it says:

"What happens next

The DVLA local office may wish to inspect the vehicle before allocating an appropriate vehicle registration mark. Your identity documentation will be returned to you with the vehicle tax disc. If you would like the documents returned by special delivery, you will need to provide a prepaid self addressed, special delivery envelope. The DVLA cannot guarantee the return of the documents by a specific date."

When I obtained my VIN form the DLVA office in Bournemouth the officer there said he does need to physically inspect the vehcile after IVA, but I understand this is decided on an office by office basis so:

The 'may' in the first sentence could be dropped and then a visit to an actual DLVA office would not be required.

eSteve

Last edited by eSteve : 14th December 2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Typos.