View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2011, 05:37 PM

Talking

Hmmm yes and no please bear in mind my car isnt standard already extra length in my wishbones

Firstly ... The firestorm shocks fit nicely on my rear end i will post a picture later but they seem to be very hard and to use with the standard shock absorber mountings the bolt holes / cush tubes in the shocker itself will need to be opened up slightly to allow the use of the standard bolts and some spacers. But they give a nice ride height on the rear just the only suspension i have on the rear is the sidewalls. But a simple change of spring / messing around with the pre loads might work.

On the fronts they fit and are slightly shorter with the weight of my engine the lower wishbones dont sit horizontal but again messing with preload and spring rates may help but ... I think either extending / moving the top shocker mount will allow me to get a decent ride height at the front.

The r1 shocks are approx 12" open
The firestorm ones are 13.5"
I paid £100 for the four plus £20 vat but if they dont work i can exchange them but sadly cant get a refund a little bit of modding i rekon they could work

Ill get some pics up asap

Afterall its worth a go as the rest of my cars been trial and error up to now :-)