View Single Post
Old 5th June 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Sorry to have to say this but I happen to agree with Ronnie.
If moderators needed to be appointed why wasn't the appointment of said members announced?
Why are mods the only ones allowed to have an Avatar?

Conflict of interest? Well yes there is a huge one and I apologise for bringing this up in public as it were but....... HandyAndy's own brother was the root of much of the recent trouble on the forum, Andy is a very busy man and a self confessed computer (and presumably therefore) internet learner, why appoint him as a moderator when there are so many obviously better qualified members, Mighty Mouth (Keith) and TwinTurbo (Robin) spring readily to mind. Even I am a moderator on more than one forum and I own one too!

If Haynes are interested in this forum then why have we not yet got a decision on whether or not we can use the Haynes name in the name of the club? Who is pursuing this point please? Also what is the current state of discussion?

I too have thought long and hard about this and like Ronnie I don't particularly like the way it has been done. Intentionally or not it smacks of deviousness and underhand, behind the scenes dealings.

I too was a prospective committee member but I stand with Ronnie on this point and withdraw my decision to stand as a general committee member.

My final point is this, if a club is going to happen then ALL arrangements and dealings HAVE to be TOTALLY OPEN AND UPFRONT, even if they are not directly linked to the formation of said club.

D.
Hmmm, nearly 24 hours since I posted this and the only response has been from Keith regarding choice of moderators. Absolutely no response regarding communication with Haynes etc!

Does anyone who actually works for Haynes publishing read and contribute to this forum? If so then could we please have an answer regarding the use of the name "Haynes" in the formation of a club?

If not then could whoever is in discussion with Haynes publishing please let us mere mortals know what is happening?

D.