Thread: Mot/iva
View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I raised the subject of MOT.
It transpires that a MOT is not required in order to carry out the IVA test but due to the age of the donor it will require an MOT before it can be registered with the local DVLA
The whole point of SVA/IVA is to asses the vehicle for safety and road worthyness, the MOT is not as stringent as IVA and cover the same but less points.
The IVA examiner does not know what he is talking about.
DVLA decied the date of the MOT based on the cars date of first registration, not build date.
VOSA and DVLA have some overlap but are two different organisations, VOSA is a German company owned Agency.

I stand by what is said, but no inference about flyerncle my earlier reply was definately not pointed towards him but to the way the thread was going. So flyerncle please accept my appologies if you thought i was having a personal pop at you, i was not, i pride myself on not getting personal on forums so sorry once again.

The new IVA rules are realy not that different from the old SVA ones and only some of the tests have changed (and the cost).
The MOT chestnut has been bantered around for years on SVA forum related questions and obviously still an issue.
My view is, don't go for MOT until told to do so.
I will also ask VOSA and DVLA, i may use some Police contacts to ask some pertenant questions on the lines of " if i stop a kit car, newly registered"