View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonMotorFabrication View Post
Drilling out the 30mm material on your top front wishbones is not really an option as I have no safe and secure way of clamping them in place, a complete wishbone is just the wrong size for the vice. If you want the sleeved adjusters you can find the parts on ebay, be warned though the outer tube where you weld the arms too some times distorts it making the inner section a bugger to get back in. Doing the job correctly would involve machining the outer ring under size,welding the arms to it,leave it to go cold then ream it to size. Unless you are planning on adjusting the ride height between track and road use 8-12 times a year how often will you have to move them?
Thank you for the reply Phil. I see your point. I thought it would be easier than this to modify the wishbones. You are right, I will not adjust camber many times, once it is done... but is looks to be such a hassle to adjust it the first time even if it is the only time (removing the shock lower point (for the rear wishbones), the drag link bolt, adjust the drag link, put everything back together, check the camber angle, and then doing the same thing again and again, as many times as necessary, until you find the right setting, it is not very convenient), it would have been much easier to turn only the insert to adjust it, and even for this one time, it would have been worthwhile.
But I guess I will have to go through this
But thanks you very much for the help and the explanations.