View Single Post
Old 10th August 2016, 09:40 PM

Well folks it has been a while since I have posted on here but there has been progress, if slow. Since the last update I have had to have stints away from the project to finish off the wifes sewing shed, build a new chicken enclosure for the garden, do endless jobs around the house and go away with work. However, I have managed to steal a few precious hours in the garage here and there and tonight have finished cutting all the bottom chassis rails. The only ones I made a total ar5e of were br1 and 2 whose angles were way off and the gaps to the other rails were far bigger than even enthusiastic welding would fill. I found measuring the angles quite tough given the size of the tube. I ended up re doing them and just measuring the metal in situ. It seems to have worked well. On measuring the chassis now it all seems parallel and my very old and good quality set square shows the angles are all nice and square too. Now just to cut some wood to fix it all to the table then I can break out the welder.

On the subject of the table I found it had sagged slightly. Only a few mm's but enough to concern me. I have fitted extra wood so hopefully it is now totally rigid.

Total spent: £0

Achieving an ambition