View Single Post
Old 19th June 2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Would that work? Other than the fact I'm probably drawing too much curent through the 1st relays coil to power the fog but another relay would solve that. Or am I way off track?
In a word, no
You're right - the fog won't light up because it won't get enough current through the coil of the relay.
You could add a third relay, but you'd be over complicating it a bit!

You can completely ignore the second relay on my circuit. I only needed that because I'm using a switch with a built in LED.
If I was doing it from scratch I'd use a seperate warning lamp wired in parallel with the fog light.
So without that my circuit looks like this:

So... if you ignore the buzzer and diode first. When the switch is on it turns the relay on. If the lights are on the fog gets power, it they're off it doesn't. Simples.

Now, ignore the relay and fog light and just look at the switch, diode and buzzer.
When the switch is on and IGN is on, both sides of the buzzer are at 12V, so no current flows through the buzzer and it stays off.
When the switch is on and IGN is off, the + side of the buzzer will be at 12V and the - side will be at 0V. So current will flow through the buzzer and it will sound.

The diode is needed to stop current flowing from IGN through the buzzer and relay coil when the fog switch is off and IGN is on.