View Single Post
Old 6th April 2010, 07:04 AM

Hi guys, I've been a bit tardy with updating my build site but the story to date is generally that I've got to rolling chassis stage and even have the steering connected (sort of). I bodged some temporary struts up so I can n ow roll it around the shop. I weighed the beast with flywheel, calipers and diff all sitting on top and it currently weighs a mahoosive 535KGs but the front rear split is about 60/40 at the moment, still got the rear end to frame up and mount the fuel tank, seats etc so I might just make it in under the 750KG mark. even though that is a bit heavy compared to a proper Haynes, or any other se7en type for that matter, it should still be pretty quick and fun.

Sadly now that our outdoor exhibition season is starting I've had to put the Dragon back into the corner as I have a trailer to build, and loads of work to do on our camper in time for our first show at Peterborough the week before stoneleigh. In total we have ten weekends out in the camper before September, six for motorhome shows and a few other events like stoneleigh and Goodwood FoS in July. I intend to try to get one day per month on the Dragon but finance is also an issue at the moment.

I must make time to update the build site.

D.