View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:44 PM

Well what a ridiculously busy day. No welding done this weekend. I started the mock up of the major components before the frame was too hard to ammend. With thanks to the welder mate who also suggested it was a good idea to do. The engine, transmission, diff and steering column all got removed and started to get installed in the chassis. I had to to this to ensure that everything fits properly. So far so good, i've found that the diff fits brilliantly and had to cut a hole in the build table to get the height and the clearance of the engine and sump. I was really worried that the diff would be an awrward fit, but it seems to be fine, i will have to make a slight modification to the transmission tunnel so the seat fits a bit better. The gearbox fitted really sweetly. No need for cutting and changing. Just had to angle the extension housing a bit more than i thought and it was all good.

Tomorrows job is to get the steering wheel and column mounted so it looks like a real car. Putting the gear knob on was not enough to satisfy me. Although i've spent about 30 minutes just sitting in the seat admiring the view and changing gears and making the nessescary vroom vroom noises this evening.

So now for pictures, it's a bit messy at the moment but thats what you get for

Last edited by Aussie_Haynes_MX5 : 22nd October 2011 at 12:47 PM.